It’s mid may and we are heading deep into Festival Season and Gay Pride. The year passes at such a high velocity some times it is hard to keep up with the latest and the greatest. Here is our quick and dirty attempt.
In this issue of the monthly news letter:
- All Of Us Update
- 2017 Queer Camps List
- The Mechanics: How this email works
All Of Us
Many thanks to the many people who bought the many tickets to the most amazing event we have ever produced. Literally, we have a catalog of things for the weekend that are beyond the anything we could have imagined over the last couple years. We will miss Groundswell for sure, but this new area is larger and wider with more amenities. Not quite surviving in the desert, but why not treat yourself before that happens… right?
What was formerly the Queer Burner Retreat is now All Of Us event. It is the only regional style event in the world focused on LGBTQ++ participants in the Burning Man culture. It is a 10 Principles based event with a mission of fostering Community & Leadership. We also seek to see others rise into their own in whatever forms they take that goes to the next level of participation and doing.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS must have legal identification when checking in at the gate showing they are at least 18 years or older.
- Everyone will have to complete a waiver agreement when coming in. It would be really helpful if you had it printed and filled out before you came – LINKED HERE
- Need a ride or can offer one? Sign-up on the Carpool – LINKED HERE
- Sign up early for your volunteer role – LINKED HERE
- Sign up for workshops – LINKED HERE
- Housing / Food Needs – LINKED HERE
The waiver has some language in it that is very important. Please look it over carefully. And yes, in order to come into the event it must be completed with your identification. All participants will have to wear a colored bracelet upon check in:
- 1 color if under 21
- another color if 21 plus
- and/or another if you do not want to appear in photos or video
We want everyone to feel safe and welcome.
Some quick facts:
- IF you are in a bed you MUST have bedding. There is a place to order it on the Eventbrite. Or, you may be required to buy it when you arrive unless you have your own.
- Bring your own towels, toiletries, cup … just like going to Burning Man
- SCREEN PRINTING at ALL OF US!!! Bring a t-shirt or garment for large screen prints
“The Journey” is printing art logo prints and the All Of Us Official Logo
You can bring t-shirts, coats, anything that can take screen printing
- There are 2 meals a day : 10 am Brunch & 6:30 Dinner : & snacks
- There is a lot of activities from amazing hiking to pool and jacuzzi space
- This is a clothing optional event (except in dining room and kitchen)
- NO GLASS is allowed in the pool area at any time
- SMOKING IN DESIGNATED AREAS ONLY
- Bring your favorite bottle(s) for you and to share with your fellow campers along with any desired mixers. There is no open bar… but I bet someone will share. But… radical self reliance… BRING A CUP makes it a lot easier
*anyone giving persons under 21 alcohol will be asked to leave *
2017 Queer Burners Camp List
The list is taking shape and camps are seriously gearing up to get ready for “Radical Ritual” Burning Man 2017. Do not be one of those people who wait til the last minute to commit because you WILL be left out. Check out the 2017 Queer Burners Page on our web site.
This is a list of events we know about:
- East Bay, Ca : 5/17 : EBB & Glow Village Meeting
- San Francisco, Ca : 5/19 : Theme Camp Speed Dating – SFO / OAK
- Golden Gate Park, SFO, Ca : 5/21 : Summer of Love in the Grove by Comfort & Joy
- Denver, Co : 5/22 : Bad Astronauts Pres. Star Stuff: Ingredients for Life!
- Upper lake, CA : 5/25 : All Of Us Event 2017
- Sacramento: 6/3 : Summer of Spark: (TTITG) 2017- Burning Man Regional
- San Francisco, Ca : 6/18 : Summer of Love in the Grove
- Las Vegas, Nv : 6/22 : Southern Nevada Regional Gathering
- San Francisco, Ca : 6/23 : Trans March 2017
- San Francisco, Ca : 6/24 : Comfort & Joy Pres. Afterglow
- Eastern Oregon : 7/20 : SHIFT Festival 2017 (brought to you by Tectonic)
Submit your events for the news letter in the link below.
- To get a posting in the news letter please fill this out
- 2017 “Radical Ritual” Theme Camp Queer Burner Listing form
Thank you to everyone who has contributed and helped keep this network thriving. As we get closer to event season there is room for more people to play in this garden. If you sign up on the Queer Burners web site and are verified, then you too can write posts and continue conversations relevant to the community at large. Thank you to so many of you.