One of our claims is an audience of 5000 on our network. While many have opted in and signed up in one form or another many are accessing the free resources on the web site on a daily basis. That number is a wide reaching number based on the engagement of our social networking and web site numbers.
Above are stats provided by software on the site / Below is from Google Analytics. See how they compare.
While it is not clear which is more reliable for data, they are showing very similar algorithms happening. It’s clear there is a lot of activity and people are seeking out information we have on the site. 1400+ sessions in the last 30 days and 1200 visitors with 80% being unique and new as far as software tracking can determine.
Social Networking Links
- Queer Burners [dot] Com Web Site : 600 Members
- Queer Burners Facebook Page : Link : 2009 Followers
- Queer Burners Facebook Group : Link : 1373 Followers
- Bay Area Queer Burners : Link : 591 Followers
- SoCal Queer Burners : Link : 111 Followers
- Atlanta Queer Burners : Link : 40 Followers
- Las Vegas Queer Burners : Link : 25 Followers
- Europe Queer Burners : Link : 3 Followers (newest board)
- Quire (Queer Burner Leadership Network : Link : 97 Followers
- Twitter @queer_burners : Link : 650 Followers
- MailChimp Mailing List : 583 Recipients
3rd Party Queer Burner Boards
- NYC Queer Burners : Link : 284 Followers
- DC – MA- VA Brothers of the Man : Link : 27 Followers
What are they looking for?
An overwhelming number of people coming to the site are looking for Queer Camp and networking information for their planned expedition to Burning Man in 2015. They are looking at:
- Pictures from previous burn years (mostly 2014 right now) : Link
- Queer Camps on the 2015 List : Link
There is a clear sense they are looking for more and are not exploring some of the more interactive features on the site like the Groups and Forums. If we can get the site to allow a more robust social networking feed, better than what the RSS page offers, then I think on these accounts the site will be more than just a spot to check of static information.
The 2015 Fund Raising Campaign
The first goal of the campaign is to improve the site. We can do that by paying someone to help or having someone in the community volunteer. This is a Buddypress driven site and if worked more like a Facebook feed then it would make the project a lot happier:
- cleaner feed on what is now called the RSS Page
- Greater personalization of the profiles
- Easier to communicate between members
- Better way to share projects and events
Then we will focus on the Queer Burner Leadership Summit for the late Spring and/or a structured campout for Queer Burners.